Tic Tac Toe The Return is a simple graphic game written in Java. It is a port of mptris to the Java platform. It is usable on Java6. There is a screenshot of the game:
mptris is a text-mode tic-tac-toe game written in C language. It is usable on GNU/Linux.
I released also the sources for m-tic-tac-toe, a port of mptris to the Windows Phone 8 platform.
You can download Tic Tac Toe - The Return (was: mptris) from <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mptris/files>.
There are the direct links:
- tictactoethereturn-1.0-20100316.zip: download this package if you want just to try the game: extract the files and run the "Tic Tac Toe - The Return.jar" file, either double-clicking on it or typing this command (depending on your system): java -jar "Tic Tac Toe - The Return.jar"
- tictactoethereturn-netbeans-sources-20100316.zip: this packages contains the source files and may be of interest to a programmer who is new to Java
- m-tic-tac-toe-VisualStudioExpress2012forWindowsPhone8sources-20130824.zip: this packages contains the source code files for the Windows Phone 8 port, it may be of interest to a programmer who is new to Windows Phone 8 development
- mptris-1.9.tar.gz: download this one if you don't want to try the GUI version and you want to try the text-mode version (the package contains just the sources, so you need to compile it yourself)
- mptris-1.7r2.tar.gz: this version isn't very playable (it is not possible to select the difficulty level), but it contains an example of a simple GUI using the GNOME libraries and may be of interest to a programmer who is new to these.
The development area is located at: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mptris>.
You can send comments and questions to